Enjoying the beauty of Perennials has been a tradition in gardening for generations. Perennials offer stunning floral displays year after year. Because of dependability and their adaptability to a wide variety of soil conditions, Perennials are a color staple of any garden or outdoor room.
Adding Perennials to your landscape adds long lasting enjoyment to your time spent outdoors.
- First call J.U.L.I.E. to have all utilities marked before you dig.
- Establish the proposed location of the plants.
- Remove any sod or other debris from area, so that you will have a clean surface to start with.
- Spread over entire planting bed 2" of mushroom compost and rototill into the soil at a 6" depth.
- If planting any trees or shrubs in same bed, do so first, so that the plants do not get crushed.
- Grade out bed assuring proper drainage, spread hardwood mulch over the entire bed in a 2" thickness, and apply a fertilizer/herbicide granule.
- Starting at the rear of the bed, work out towards the edging by laying out all the plant material according to the plan. Spacing will depend on the size of each plant. Then with a small spade dig a hole large enough for each small plant. However, make sure that you get the plant in the dirt and not just in the mulch. Then place the plant in the hole and push the mulch back around the plant.
- Water all plants in gently for 1/2 hour, but do not soak completely.
Garden and Design Center:
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Monday-Friday: 8am - 5pm
"Grieder's is an amazing place, so much to choose from landscaping to plants to holiday decor and more! The best customer service I've experienced!"
To see more of what what people are saying about Grieder landscaping, visit our Review/Comment page
Employment Opportunities Available
Garden & Design Center
Full time Associate
Outgoing person with plant knowledge and great communication skills!
Prefer a degree in Horticulture or extensive knowledge with plants and their care. Our garden center carries trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals and you will be required to assist clients with plant care and selection. We also sell hardscape materials for DIY landscaping. Experience in a garden center will be a plus. You will be required to lift 50lbs and will participate in our custom potting program. This position is part of a three person full time team and will share in all operational responsibilities throughout the year as required..
Friendly, helpful individuals that will assist in plant and product care. Our garden center carries trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals and you will be required to assist clients with plant care and selection. We also sell hardscape materials for DIY landscaping. Experience in a garden center will be a plus. You will be required to lift 50lbs and the staffing needs require that the individuals for these position are able to operate our Caterpillar inloader and smaller tractor to load clients bulk materials into their trucks and trailers. You will take phone orders and operate our registers.
Please send your resume to email@example.com